HOW TO LOVE WELL
Tuesday 7:00 pm February 28, 2017
The New York Society for Ethical Culture
2 West 64th Street (at CPW)
New York, New York
It Takes Courage to Love Well.
Throughout her life, author and co-founder of the Omega Institute, Elizabeth Lesser has sought understanding about what it means to be true to oneself and at the same time, truly connected to the ones we love. Elizabeth Lesser a modern day ‘Anam Cara’, soul-friend in the Irish language, knows how to love well.
She has an unusual blend of heart and intelligence, is a mystic and a warrior and is a very wise human being, who provides profound insights on the universal themes of friendship, love, forgiveness and spirituality. Elizabeth’s new book Marrow: A Love Story is a mesmerizing and courageous memoir: the story of two sisters uncovering the depth of their love through the life-and-death experience of a bone marrow transplant.
Don’t miss this magical evening as Elizabeth answers the complex question about what it really means to love—honestly, generously, humorously and authentically. She will also share the deeper transformational lessons that can be learned from difficult moments.
Lesser will be joined by TED PRIZE storyteller, Jamia Wilson.
What You Will Learn
- Insights into how to authentically communicate with people you love
- How to have the difficult conversations with the people you love
- How to develop stronger relationships with people you love
- How to say the ‘unsayable’ between 2 people
- How to be your best in the presence of evil
- How to stand up for your moral integrity with love
- You don't have to wait for a life-or-death situation to clean up the relationships that matter
Out beyond the ideas of wrong doing and right doing there is a field I will meet you there. - Rumi